visit the Long Neck Karen Village

Ayutthaya

1/4 photos

Location details

Wat Boromwong Isara Wararam Worawihan, originally named Wat Talay Ya
is an ancient temple located on the bank of a canal near the Khlong Chang peninsula. The Royal Elephant Department built it since the Ayutthaya period
was the capital. Later, in 1876, His Royal Highness Prince Bamrap Prapak traveled to observe the elephant roundup in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya.
He saw that the temple was dilapidated, so he donated money to renovate the entire temple's chapel and made it a royal temple. King Chulalongkorn gave it a new name, "Wat Boromwong Isara Wararam", and traveled to cut the boundary stones of the boundary.
He traveled to Wat Boromwong Isara Wararam Worawihan 8 times.
It was a place for monks and novices to stay during the Buddhist Lent. Therefore, he began to renovate Wat Talay Ya. He renovated and rebuilt the entire temple. Which is the period from the reign of King Rama IV of Rattanakosin until completion in 2418 B.E. in the reign of King Rama V and was offered as a royal temple. His Majesty graciously bestowed the name Wat Boromwong Isara Wararam Worawihan.
The important sacred and auspicious things of the temple are the history of the temple and King Rama V. There is a statue of him in the chapel. In addition, there is his palace which stores ancient pictures and the biography of the king from birth to death.
242 Views 0 Like

Rate and review You are the first to review